Friday 6 January 2012

PICKS OF THE WEEK

It seems like so long since I last shared my favourite picks of the week with you all. Nothing really happens over Christmas in retail, except SALE! I hope you all found some lovely bargains over the festive period, but from here on in, it's all about the current and the full price!

This time of year is always difficult for consumers. Stores will start to present their spring/summer lines but the weather is usually so cold and miserable, that the last thing people want to do is buy shorts and swimwear! Although, I try to see it as an investment. Buy the key pieces that you know, either you already have clothes in your wardrobe to combine them with or if you are really confident about an upcoming trend. Then keep them until the weather is right. Invest now, for the summer.  


My three picks of the week are a mix of ready to wear and investment pieces!

ASOS £36
Colour blocking doesn't seem to be fading any time fast. Retailers are bringing in more colour blocked pieces into their spring collections, making this jumper from ASOS both current and perfect for spring. I love the ribbed detail and the colours blend so well together. Perfect for keeping your warm during this cold damp weather we're facing at the moment.

BURTON £32
From the S/S12 catwalk shows we know that coloured trousers are going to be a big look this spring and these skinny fit chinos from Burtons are perfect for right now and through to spring. I love the colour and they have a fantastic 2 for £50 deal on chinos making them a bargain!
TOPMAN £30
There is no way you will see me in a pair shorts before April at the earliest, however I can't wait to get my hands on these bad boys ASAP. The simple Sea Horse design is so subtle and classic that you could really wear these year after year. Okay so at first glance they may look a bit like Jack Wills/Ralph Lauren knock offs and slightly 'twee' but who cares?! I LOVE them!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, have you got a page on facebook. I run the Peacocks - Menswear page and I truly enjoy your blog. It's great to see in the past you've mentioned us so please feel free to check out our SS12 range which is avalible to view online @ facebook.com/nickpeacocks.

    ReplyDelete