Thursday 16 February 2012

PICKS OF THE WEEK


For this weeks top three picks from the hight st, I have gone for a 1970's vibe. The inspiration has come from Topman Design's S/S collection which is a mix of bohemian eastern influences.

The key piece is the silk shirt below, but if you're not that committed to the look you can take inspiration from the other pieces and build them into a style you're more comfortable with.



Pieces like this, make me really excited about menswear this year. To say that this shirt will be a 'Marmite' part of the Topman Design collection, is an understatement. You will either, love it or hate it. Although I couldn't see myself wearing it, I think it's a great statement shirt and a bold move in the right direction for Topman Design.



These shorts are a great versatile item that will sit into multiple trends this S/S. The stripes allow them instant access to the nautical club, the style means that they can tag along to the global traveller look and the colour gives them 1970's credentials. To work the 1970's look would mean using clashing prints and fabrics against them which can be tricky.



I love this colour block t-shirt from Pull & Bear. Infact I love nearly all the t-shirts they have in their current collection. Not only are they reasonably priced but the colours are perfect for the 1970's look.

No comments:

Post a Comment