Saturday 4 February 2012

KPMG REFUSE TO PAY HOTEL


Following my last phone call with the police officer at Devon and Cornwall constabulary, I can confirm that KPMG have refused to pay the bill for the hotel that I had to stay in during my final days at Peacocks.

The officer informed me that the accommodation costs had been paid, but the evening meals for myself and my team (which we were INSTRUCTED to add to the bill by someone at Peacocks) have not been paid.
KPMG have apparently informed the hotel that they will NOT pay that bill directly and that I AM liable for the cost of the bill and if it is not settled then the hotel could take civil action against me. In order to settle this, I now have to pay the hotel and claim the money back from KPMG.

I am utterly disgusted that this has come to this. I have witnesses of people who were presented when I received the instruction from Peacocks to add these things to the bill, Peacocks refused ANY expense payments to be made from their stores (which was why I left without paying in the first place), plus I am still awaiting some form of redundancy to come from the Government as Peacocks did not pay me redundancy, my notice period or my remaining holiday entitlement. Now I have to pay a hotel bill which I am liable for thanks to Peacocks and wait to claim that back from KPMG....?

If anyone works in the legal system, please get in touch! I'd like to know what my rights are.

Wales Online article.

No comments:

Post a Comment